This blog is updated semi-bi-weekly on a daily basis (in other words, for the most part, this is updated weekly, give or take some days here and there). Come by and leave your comments. You may subscribe to an email notification list by going down to the column below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Guest writer: Doneeta DeTerkee



In honor of our national bird, I decided to let a guest writer share an opinion today. Doneeta DeTerkee tried to fly in today to write on behalf of those who live in her coop community. However, with flight being impossible, she tried to thumb a ride, but as she has no thumbs, she just walked. She is a refugee from a nearby farm who is gobbling up every chance to turn people like you and me away from our annual feast of turkey. You may have read other similar statements under her pen name, Iyamm Knaught Deelishus. Here she is:

Hello everyone. I am trying to get the word out about how wonderful pork is. I know that traditions are important, but did you know that barbeque is much more American and patriotic than turkey? Early Americans learned how to slow cook pork from the native Americans and passed along the joy of barbequing from generation to generation. In fact, the father of our nation, George Washington enjoyed barbeque and barbequed pork was the meal of choice at many celebrations then. If you don’t like barbeque, there is always the vegetarian or the tofu route. But whatever your choice, choose to be turkey free this year. Thank you for taking time to help save the turkeys.

I’m glad Doneeta came in today. I felt like she deserved equal time, however, I need to begin cooking lunch today and put the … you-know-what into the oven. Yep, . . . I know what she said, but some traditions are too tasty to put aside this year. Besides, turkey dressing doesn’t go that great with tuna. I hope you enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You seriously have too much time on your hands. I had to read her name a few times before I got it. Very funny! :)
Hopefully the weekends will allow me more time to check in on your blog. Happy writing.