This blog is updated semi-bi-weekly on a daily basis (in other words, for the most part, this is updated weekly, give or take some days here and there). Come by and leave your comments. You may subscribe to an email notification list by going down to the column below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, November 2, 2007

Blog, Blog, Blog

This is definitely something new for me- that is writing a blog. I know people who write blogs and I have found them to be useful for obtaining new information, for staying in touch, and for pure entertainment. I’ve often thought about why they are called “blogs”, wondering if it is referring to someone rambling on and on, “blog, blog, blog” or “yadda, yadda, yadda.” After googling the term, I find that it is a portmanteau (today’s $10 word- look it up) of “web log.”

My desire is to continually explore ways of becoming better at being the person Christ created me to be. My calling is to serve Him by encouraging, equipping, and educating His people. I am humbled that God has called me to preach His gospel and is allowing me to grow in grace alongside the Body of Christ in my local church.

My goal here is not to add to the noise of the internet, but to follow the sentiments of the song, “I Love You Lord” and be a “sweet, sweet sound in His ear.” I hope you will join me as I explore what it means to be a faithful and active disciple of Jesus Christ. I look forward to your visits here and reading anything you’d like to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I looked it up. Portmanteau: A word derived from a blending two or more distinct words.

Domino said...

Congratulations on the new blog.

Enjoy!