This blog is updated semi-bi-weekly on a daily basis (in other words, for the most part, this is updated weekly, give or take some days here and there). Come by and leave your comments. You may subscribe to an email notification list by going down to the column below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, November 5, 2007

Good Morning


Ahh, Monday morning. The day that comes after the fun of the weekend. A day when we fall back in line, beginning with the noise of the alarm clock. Even when you truly look forward to the day in front of you, there's that moment sometimes when you struggle to keep the "good" in your greeting phrase of "good morning." Yes, there have been moments that you and I have felt like this fuzzy little creature.

But this morning, when I went outside and looked around, I received that restorative "GOOD morning" that God is so gracious to give me. The sun peeking through the branches of the tree and the hint (albeit a tiny hint) of crispness in the air lifted me up and perked up my curiosity about what the day will bring. The beauty of the morning is God's greeting and reminder that His love and mercy are new everyday (Lam 3:22-23a). It's His reminder that He created the day, therefore He is in charge of all that happens. I just have to trust Him and walk with Him.

The chorus of the song, "In The Garden" tells about who walks and talks with you while you stroll through the garden ... (hum through it... I'll wait...). In singing it, you hear that "Andy walks with me. Andy talks with me," (so if you see me smiling when singing that, you'll know I'm picturing me, Jesus and Andy walking together.) Actually though, when I make quiet time for God in the in beauty of the morning, He restores my soul (Ps 23:3). He walks with me, and He talks with me, and he equips me for the day. Do you notice the difference in your day when you begin by hearing God's "Good Morning" to you? Can you see a difference in your attitude when you you take a spiritual morning stroll with Him? I hope this Monday is the beginning of a wonderful week for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amid the pressures of work and the speed of the world around us we have to take time and appreciate what God has given us. I like to go out early in the morning and walk. Not only for the exercise, but see what is around me. I often find myself humming and singing songs. I often think someone will stubble upon me and think I'm crazy as my inner voice transforms to my outer voice.
I have recently seen one or two homeless men sleeping on the sidewalk. They are bundled up in make shift blankets, but their Bibles are always next to them. I know they ended their nights with a great message.