This blog is updated semi-bi-weekly on a daily basis (in other words, for the most part, this is updated weekly, give or take some days here and there). Come by and leave your comments. You may subscribe to an email notification list by going down to the column below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, July 7, 2008

In Dallas

I have sucessfully avoided updating my blog for quite some time, but I have great excuses (don't we always?) Since January I have been regularly working on course work for four courses that I must take this year in Dallas, for which I had to have my pre-work mailed in by May. I then used May and June to do the prep work so that all the ministries for which I am responsible would have all the info and volunteers they needed while I was gone for a month in July. Also in June I went on a mission trip with the youth from our church and another church in our area. It was wonderful and worth blogging about (which I will do shortly). But the short of it is that I am now in Dallas for a month, enjoying the opportunity to study and have fellowship with other pastors. It is difficult to leave the church for that period of time, but the church doesn't and shouldn't revolve around a single person or a single ministry. On the other hand, I have no worries because there is great leadership back at the ranch and a good number of brothers and sisters in Christ who continue to step up and do the work of Christ. The journey continues ...

No comments: