This blog is updated semi-bi-weekly on a daily basis (in other words, for the most part, this is updated weekly, give or take some days here and there). Come by and leave your comments. You may subscribe to an email notification list by going down to the column below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, July 17, 2009

Doing Nothing, Part I

Let’s see (she said late this morning as she sat up in bed to stretch), I think I’ll write for my blog today. Yea, that’d be a great idea, except…

… I just got back from traveling and I’m dog tired, and this pillow is comfortable

… I’m kinda busy washing clothes, well, at least thinking about it

… I need to call my daughter to check on plans for Sunday, but my phone charger is across the room

… I need to pray about what I sho… Oh look! Over there! Something shiny!

… I need to get up and have a bite to eat, but the kitchen is so far away

… I’d type but my fingers are too cold and need a manicure

… I’d make myself a note about finding a quote to use but my pen is the wrong shade of blue

~ ~ ~

To do nothing is in every man’s power.
-Samuel Johnson (18
th century writer)

~ ~ ~

… I’d write something, but I’m highly offended that Samuel didn’t say “person’s” or “gender-non-specific humanoid’s” instead of “man’s”

… I’d write something, but I’m too tired from being sarcastic, and this pillow is so very, very soft and fluffy and comfortable and …ZZZzzzzz

(shhhh… don’t wake the sleeping non-blogger… perhaps part II will be printed above this tomorrow…)

No comments: