This blog is updated semi-bi-weekly on a daily basis (in other words, for the most part, this is updated weekly, give or take some days here and there). Come by and leave your comments. You may subscribe to an email notification list by going down to the column below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mighty to Save

I haven’t been in the best of spirits as of late. I’ve had bronchitis and been out of the office and haven’t accomplished the things that I had planned to have done by now. I haven’t felt good enough to continue my regular jogging. I’ve had to handle a few situations that weren’t the happiest of things to deal with. On top of that, it has rained most of the weekend. By all rights, I should be feeling blue, depressed and at my wits end. I’m guessing, yes, just guessing here, that I’m not the only one who has had to deal with difficult things in life.

As I listened to the rain today and peeked outside, I noticed how fresh and green everything looked. God renews and transforms the grass, the trees, the azalea bushes, the birds, and even me. I’m old enough to know that there will be good days and bad days. And I’m grateful that God has consistently showed me that even though there are bad days, He will carry me through it. In times of trouble, and in times where I feel lower than a caterpillar’s tummy, I have a firm foundation and know there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I know that no matter how low I ever feel, God is right there with me, holding me up.

While surfing YouTube, I found this video of the song “Mighty to Save.” The lyrics are wonderful reminders that God is there for us, in the good times and in the difficult times. I’ve learned over the years that even when despair is about to take me over, that I must choose to remain faithful to the One who has rescued me and continues to save me from the pit of despair. Because of his saving grace and compassion, we don’t have to live in fear, sadness, and hopelessness. If He is mighty enough to save us from everlasting death, He is mighty enough to bring me though any trouble. Because of that, I can find joy again. You can too. In Him there is hope, peace, and mercy, and the mountains we face are moved. I hope you enjoy the video and find reason after reason to rejoice always.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless you and Thank you, Valerie.