This blog is updated semi-bi-weekly on a daily basis (in other words, for the most part, this is updated weekly, give or take some days here and there). Come by and leave your comments. You may subscribe to an email notification list by going down to the column below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Angels, Part 2

Are you a believer? Do you follow Christ? If so, are you learning about Him and His message of good news, and then sharing with others? Are you open to His guidance about when and where to share, even if it seems a bit strange or takes you out of your comfort zone? Mary, Joseph, the shepherds, and even Cornelius (see scripture in part 1) found it is a bit unnerving to find themselves in the presence of God’s angels and hear a message that God was directed right at them. Taking in that sight and that sound must have taken them quite past the boundaries of their comfort zones. Even so, we read that those people found a way to pay attention and then trust the angels’ words to the point that they would heed and share the angels’ messages.

I can’t say that I’ve ever seen or heard an angel, to my knowledge, but I know without a doubt that the Holy Spirit has dealt with me in much that same manner. There have been a few times in my life when I have received a message so out of the ordinary that I spent time arguing with God about it. “Really God? You want me to what?” When I think about those times, I can envision Mary saying “I’m going to do what? …Have a baby? But I’m a virgin.” Crazy talk, right? Or, maybe not so crazy when you remember that God is powerful enough to go beyond the bounds of human understanding.

For several months, God has been dealing with me about something so very odd to me. When I first started hearing what he wanted me to do, I thought that surely I heard wrong. However He kept the subject right in front of me, giving me assurance that I was hearing correctly. Every time I began to question whether He wanted me to continue with that task, He would assure me through a wide array of unlikely messengers. So I continue to pray and to act upon what He has called me to do.

Take time this Christmas to listen to God’s message of good news and allow Him to guide you into being an active and faithful part of the body of Christ. Be aware of the messages that he sends, through Scripture, through circumstances, through feeling His presence and hearing His voice deep within your soul, and through his handpicked messengers, whether they are angelic or human. Be ready to act and share the love of God with a world in such need of hope, peace, joy, and love.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: